Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin Cappuccino Chip Muffins



Jocelyn over at BruCrew Life (a foodie blog I follow) took my Fall fetish for pumpkin and my love of coffee and made these yummy muffins! Of course I tried them! I tweaked it a little for altitude and personal taste. I added my changes in orange at the end of the recipe. Enjoy! 


Pumpkin Cappuccino Chip Muffins
(adapted from Starbucks recipe)

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
2 eggs
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 packet Starbucks VIA (I used 2 tsp. espresso powder instead)
1 c. mini chocolate chips (optional, but who are we kidding...everything is better with chocolate!)

BruCrew Additions
1 c. canned pumpkin
2-3 tbsp. sour cream
4 tbsp. extra flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350*. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Mix together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined. Do not over stir, batter should be lumpy. Add the chocolate chips...it isn't optional:-). Fill muffin liners 2/3 full. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched. Cool on wire rack. Enjoy! Makes about 24 muffins.


I did not add chocolate chips. For altitude I cut baking powder by 1/2 tsp and added 5 Tbs extra flour instead of 4. I baked at 360* for 22 minutes. You will need to experiment with the high altitude changes based on where you live.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked them:-) Thanks for sharing with your readers!!!

    ReplyDelete