Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Advent Calendar

Advent: arrival that has been awaited (especially of something momentous)

As promised, I am ready to share the advent calendar I was working on yesterday. I have always liked the mini muffin tin idea so that's where I started. Hannah and I decided that the old one we had in the cupboard had more character than buying anew one. I only use it a couple of times a year so I won't miss it in the next 24 days! I made the scalloped circles with the Sweet Treats Cricut cartridge out of 5 coordinating papers from the My Mind's Eye Sweet Dreams Holiday Ave stack. The numbers, ribbon, bling, embellishments were all stuff I already had in my stash. (OK, I did buy the Santa at Michael's on Friday!) I cut little rectangle of magnet with adhesive on one side, then adhered to top and bottom of backs of circles. This will keep the treats in until the appointed day!

Tucked behind the circles are sweet treats.

The only thing I would do differently, if I made another one, is to make the circles larger. I cut these at 2.25 and I think 2.50 would have been a better fit for this muffin tin. Oh yeah, I have this on an easel on the counter, but it could easily be hung also.

I'd love to see the advent calendars y'all are making or have made. My neighbor's girls are making theirs out of toilet paper tubes. I can't wait to see the finished products!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it!! I've always wanted to try that idea with the muffin, as well. I agree with your daughter, I like the character of this one. This is too cute! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete