Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Java House Wednesday

     Welcome to the House! 
     As I sit here this afternoon I find that I am spending a lot of time reflecting on friendships; specifically the ones between women. I had the joy of being able to spend a few hours with my cousin and her grandma this week. They were flying out of the Springs to take care of some family business back home in Washington. As we sat at the Seattle's Best cafe inside Borders we had an opportunity to share some of the good, and not so good, things going on in our lives. When I went to bed that night I lay awake thinking about how blessed I have been with the friendships in my life.


     My girlfriends are amazing in their ability to overcome adversity, rise above the everyday and make a fabulous  life for themselves and their families. It never ceases to amaze me how they can be available for their friends, children, spouses and more....despite the many hats they wear. I am ever grateful for the ladies who have prayed, laughed, celebrated, cried, mourned and just been with em over the years. No matter where the Army has sent me, I have found them...the friends who have blessed my life. My girlfriends are my heros, the sanity in my crazy whirlwind life, the joy bringers who always know just what to say or do.      
     Today I'd like to encourage each of us to take time to celebrate the love and friendship that are so much a part of who we are. I encourage you to share your story in a post below. If you prefer to design a project, please share a link!

(Remember, all JHW posts for the month of March will be eligible for the Coffee Love drawing at the end of the month. I am still putting the goodies together for this, promise I will post soon.)

~ Beth

1 comment:

  1. Being the aforementioned cousin, I can say that I receive a blessing each time we are together. This time with Grandma Pauline has also been special for me because even though she lives only a few miles away from me, the busy-ness of life often gets in the way. My best girlfriend, ever, was my mama...I never once, through ALL the struggle, doubted her love for me...that is why this "transition" has been so difficult. I believe that my Heavenly Father brought you to Colorado at this time and in this way so that I would have you for "this." I love the closeness that we have gained after so many years of not seeing each other.

    See you in a few days...

    Love, Me

    ReplyDelete