Sunday, February 6, 2011

Catching Up!

      Whew, where has the time gone? I was so certain I was going to be able to add all of my new ideas to the blog in January and be updating at least 2 to 3 times a week. Somehow time has gotten away from me though and it is now February 6th! (Go Steelers!)
       We have had a lot of snow and cold, cold weather lately. Yesterday I put on my fuzzy slippers, poured myself a cup of Snickernut coffee (Thank you Christine!) and started working on Valentine's Day projects. Here is what I accomplished.....ATC sized cards. I plan on using them as is or adding to a regular sized card for mailing.

I started with this great pattern paper I found at Michael's last week. It was perfect for the many cards I wanted to make. I just used my straight edge cutter and cut the different images into individual rectangles. I also cut 2.5 by 3.5 pieces of pink Bazzill for the base of the background.


Next, I added ribbon, buttons and/or bling to the individual images and then built the little mini cards. They turned out so cute and I was able to use surplus embellishments I had laying around. 

(click on image to see larger)

These are just a few of the ones I made yesterday. I plan to finish up the rest while I am waiting for the Super Bowl to start. (The photo in the background is of my dear friend Shelly and her beautiful daughters.)

Happy Love Week!
 

3 comments:

  1. I love these...they are totally cute! And fast and creative, too! I'm clawing my way back on the creative bus, and I will prolly post a few times this week, too!

    P.S. Love you
    P.P.S. GO STEELERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cute gems...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was caught up on your blog, but kept scrolling down to see all your creative craftiness!! That's one of my favorite pictures. You are awesome!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete